The conference will be held in Petrozavodsk within 1 – 3 of June 2011. Two sightseeing tours in the Park area will be arranged in option for participants in 4 – 10 of June.
The conference shall focus on most urgent issues and results of activities of Parks and Reserves of Russia and neighboring countries and also local protected areas.
MAIN TRENDS OF THE CONFERENCE
- Development of international and interregional cooperation aiming at establishing sustainable system of Protected Areas in the European North.
- Study and conservation of representative and unique natural objects in PA.
- Issues on monitoring and recovery of disturbed natural complexes in PA.
- Study and conservation of cultural heritage in PA.
- Ecological education and tourism development in PA.
- Use of modern informational technologies (Internet, GIS, data bases etc.) in nature conservation.
For participation in the conference you are required to fill in an application form attached hereto, and make a summary of your report (up to 250 words), and send it to e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com till the 1st of December 2010.